image1 image2 image3

Route to Passive Income

It is never too early to plan for retirement

My First Transfer from CPF-OA to CPF-SA


In one of my posts last year - Will CPF still be an election topic in 2045?, I mentioned that I might be considering contributing a small sum every month to the CPF-SA:

"Let the magic of compounding show its power.

Do it early. A S$100 monthly (S$1,200 yearly) contribution for 30 years will amass a sum of S$69,636. If it is S$200 monthly (S$2,400 yearly) contribution, it will amass a sum of S$139,273..." 

Decision made - Looking forward to the reward in the long term

I decided at the end of 2015 to do my first transfer of S$2,400 from CPF-OA to CPF-SA to kick-start this micro saving plan. Let's just say, I am looking forward to adding the S$139,273 to my retirement account.





The interest accumulated in my CPF-SA has slowly grown over the years.  


On top of the monthly employer-employee contribution, I will be "accelerating" the progress to build the CPF-SA to a sizable amount. The message I hope to drive is the magic of compounding takes time to work. 

Do the right things! Be patient! Good things takes time!


Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete