image1 image2 image3

Route to Passive Income

It is never too early to plan for retirement

Confident to Reach S$10,000 Dividend Mark in 2016


In my last 2016 Q1 Dividend Update post, I highlighted that I will definitely be able to cross the S$10,000 dividend mark in 2016 with the Saizen's payout. Some bloggers did mention to me that they will not have considered the payout as dividends. Each has its own case.

Read: 2016 Q1 Dividend Update - Growing My Passive Income

Well, without considering Saizen's payout, the total (dividends / interests) was only at S$1,628.77 for Q1 2016.

It just got me wondering how far am I from the S$10,000 milestone.

Tracking dividends has somehow become an addiction and, at the same, I do want to know how much income to expect going forward.

Dividends to be paid in 2016 (Estimated)





Confident to Reach S$10,000 Dividend Mark in 2016

Estimated Dividends in 2016 - S$7,196.60
Estimated Interests (from OCBC and SC) in 2016 - S$1,575.00

Total in 2016 (Estimated) - S$8,771.60

Seeing this estimate, I am pretty confident that I am able to reach the S$10,000 milestone in 2016. The total estimated amount excludes dividends expected from DBS and Keppel Corp. It also does not include the stocks that I will be adding in the next 9 months.

Slowly, but Surely...

I can finally feel the compounding working its magic. It has been a long journey. I’m increasing my income level at a much faster pace now due to the dividends and a constantly growing portfolio.

S$10,000 Dividend Milestone - Achievement Unlocked (Soon!).


Share this:

CONVERSATION

20 comments:

  1. Hi PI,

    You are compounding your passive income pretty damn fast! Jia You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BFGF, thanks for visiting my humble blog. And thank you!

      Delete
    2. BETTERMENT FUNDING {bettermentfunding@gmail.com}
      Hi everyone, i am Alexis Ohanian am so glade coming back to this great forum to testify about the help i received from Chester Brian. I was in desperate need of a loan in other to be free from debt and financial bondage that was place on me by my ex husband. It was really bad that i have to seek for help from Friends,family and even my bank but on one could assist me because my credit score was really bad. So i was browsing with my computer and saw some testimonies from people Chester Brian assisted with a loan, then i decided to contact him on his email {bettermentfunding@gmail.com}, then i received a mail from them and i did all that was asked from me. To my greatest surprise they transferred to my account the loan i requested and now i am so happy clearing my debt and have also started a business with the remaining amount to take care of myself and family. If you need a loan do contact the best loan lender of all time Chester Brian on his email: {bettermentfunding@gmail.com}

      Delete
  2. We have the same goal of hitting S$10,000 in passive income for 2016! You are definitely on track to meet it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Smith, lets update each other at the end of 2016. All the best!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you are on track for your milestone! Keep it up and keep going to accumulate...

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Richard. Thanks a lot. I hope it will grow as planned. Cheers!

      Delete
  4. Wow, i really like your table there. It seems like you are getting so much dividends every month from your companies. What a great way to build up wealth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi B. I think likewise you are getting a lot from your portfolio. And your portfolio is way bigger. Learning a lot from you.

      Delete
  5. Do you have any paper losses for those stocks that you hold? Need to calculate net return....not as simple as just looking at passive income. Anyone can amass huge dividend (passive income) if he has a large war chest. Its a no brainer. But what about paper losses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Henry, you are right. My paper lost is mainly from my STI ETF. However, the rest are in the green zone. So net net, I am still positive at 2-3%. Having said that, I am still investing for dividends and I am happy to reinvest to grow the dividend.

      Delete
  6. Seems heavily loaded on REITs, with a few exceptions. Be careful the approach to dividend income that may drive you into seeking high yields, resulting in heavy concentration in a single industry. Hope you are managing your risks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi PI Trooper,

    Congrats on reaching $10K milestones. Should be easier now because of the snowballing effect.

    Cheers,
    Farmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PIF, always easier said than done. The process always seem so slow to reach a sizeable portfolio providing you income that exceed expenses. Anyway, I'm tracking your progress as well. Stay in touch!

      Delete
  8. Why "... excludes dividends expected from DBS and Keppel Corp"? Is there a reason these are excluded?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelvin, sorry i miss this comment. I excluded them in the calculation because i only just started accumulating both of the counters. I am not sure how many shares i will have during ex-dividend period.

      Delete
  9. I will start building my portfolio next year (hopefully). I will catch up with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi James, it is always good to start early! Would love to hear news from you.

      Delete
  10. HELLO EVERYONE, We offer a variety of loans to our customers worldwide without cost or stress.Whatever your loan needs are, large or small, personal or mortgage, we are ready to talk with you about how we can meet your needs.and how you can get this loan online transfer and account access online Let us help you arrange financing and also get a very legit loan.We are a registered and recognized financial house that gives out loans at a low interest rate to every serious persons, if interested contact us via E-mail address: walkeremma351@gmail.com

    Most Sincerely
    Emma Walker
    walkeremma351@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete