image1 image2 image3

Route to Passive Income

It is never too early to plan for retirement

When Investing Lost Its Meaning


I always believe in investing early to ensure I would able to enjoy life later. It was a personal goal. A goal I thought would benefit me, my partner and my family.

But it was just a personal goal I worked on alone. A goal that my partner wasn't align to.

Now that my marriage is on the rocks, I realized that this personal goal means nothing now.

So what if I have the passive income to travel the world without worrying about the bills? So what if I have the passive income of a part-timer working in Singapore now?

It really means nothing now because I built this goal for us (but alone). I might be losing someone I built this goal around.

She might not be there to see it. She might not be there to travel the world with me. And that is what i really wanted. To travel with her.

I lost something. I learnt something.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

7 comments:

  1. Sometime we just need a stop or two along the way to enjoy the scenery with our love one. Remember the journey is just as important as the destination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad to hear about your story.

    I hope there's still chance to work it out with your other half. Everything else can wait, even anything related to investment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I am sorry to hear this. There must be some way to reinstate the lost situation. Buy her flowers everyday. Fetch her to/fro everywhere she wants to go. Buy her diamonds. Anything!
    If ur partner means a lot to you, be willing to give uo ur wealth for her.
    Money can be earned back but if u lose that special person, it may be forever.
    My 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. B4 i forget, go for the best marriage counsellor. Eg benny bong dr robers if money is no issue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello PI Trooper,

    I am sorry to hear about this. I hope there is still a chance for you to work out things with your spouse. Being "financially independent" is a worthy goal, but not having a partner to enjoy the freedom together is lonely. I wish you best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    Without knowing you as a person/friend, or the situation you're in, I shall not blabber too much. As a fellow investor, I wish you all the best in working out the problems you're facing. Have faith :)

    Kevin L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i understand how you feel.

    Try to find out the source of the problem. (Not joking here), if you can resolve, do make the effort to.

    I understand sometimes the problem is not you but her.

    if the only way to is move on, minimise the damage on your side (divorce fee and alimony payment), talk to her and make the best move that benefit yourself.

    This is not selfish on your side. At least when she need help one day, you still have the ability (finance) to help her if you choose to.

    ReplyDelete