image1 image2 image3

Route to Passive Income

It is never too early to plan for retirement

爱情保卫战 - Financial Issues of Quarreling Couples


I have been watching 爱情保卫战 on YouTube recently. I can't believe such a show even exists. Comparing the shows on Channel 8 and 5, I think Singapore needs to be more creative in our reality shows. 爱情保卫战 is a China TV show featuring couples trying to resolve their issues. In fact, some couples featured in the show used it to validate their decision to the end their relationship.

Couples Quarreling Over (having different opinions on) Money $$$

There were various relationship issues showcased in 爱情保卫战. 3rd Party, Flirting, Lazy Husband, Lazy Wife, etc. And of course, quarreling over money.



Case 1: Husband / Wife controls all the finances. There were various examples of couples quarreling over this matter. However, in the example below, the Husband was the one "controlling the finance". The Wife had to hand over her monthly salary to the Husband. The Husband would then give her some allowance. But the Wife complained about her miserable allowance.

You will never imagine what was coming next? They were married for 13 years. The Husband's Mum managed their money throughout the 13 years. Wife passes the money to the Husband. Husband passes the money to his Mum for safe keeping. And the climax of the quarrel - the Husband doesn't even how much money has been saved by his Mum. *Applause*






Case 2: Girlfriend feels her Boyfriend is a Miser. They were just two different people having different opinion on money. One believed in quality (the Girl), the other believed in being practical (the Guy). I felt the Guy was overly practical and the Girl was overly spendthrift that led to their relationship issue.

This example should be quite common among relationships. Not being a miser but couples having different opinions on how to spend and save their money.


Case 3: Boyfriend believes buying 4D/ Toto is an Investment. I have heard people buying lottery as a form of hope. Buying lottery has an investment? We have to give this fellow (below) an award. The Girlfriend could no longer tolerate his gambling addiction and debts.


My Finance, Her Finance, and Our Finance 

My Wife has always said, "Your money is my money, and my money is still my money. Understand!" 

While she says that, our finances are managed separately (and individually). We do have a joint account for household expenses and savings. 

Well, every couple has their own way of managing their finances. Although, I am unable to accept someone having total control over my finance or myself controlling my partner's money, it might work well for some couples. I do know that some of my friends' finances are managed by their respective partner. 

How Should We Manage Our Finances


Some people can't even manage their own finance. Some couples have never communicated about management of their finances before their marriage.

I am not a relationship expert but I believe finance will be one important topic to have some common understanding and alignment.

To conclude, I think the best summary was given by this Love Expert on the show (See above). 


Share this:

CONVERSATION

6 comments:

  1. Hi RTPI,

    There is a lot of wisdom in the host and Tu Lei via their own live expereinces and imparting to the problematic couple.

    A nice show compared to many Singaporeans TV shows which truly lack creativity over the years.

    I had watched show quite a lot 2 yrs ago but since stop.

    http://www.rolfsuey.com/2014/12/blog-post.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rolf, pretty good show and always like to hear Tu Lei analysis of the issues.

      Delete
  2. Life is good when you have your love ones around you, I am saying this because when i had issues with my lover i never seen life as a good thing but thanks to Dr. AGBAZARA of AGBAZARA TEMPLE, for helping me to cast a spell that brought my lover back to me within the space of 48hours. My husband left me for another woman after 7YEARS of marriage,but Dr.AGBAZARA help me cast a spell that brought him back to me within 48hours. I am not going to tell you more details about myself rather i will only advise those who are having issues in there relationship or marriages to contact Dr.AGBAZARA TEMPLE through these details via; ( agbazara@gmail.com ) or call him on Whatsapp: +2348104102662

    ReplyDelete
  3. BETTERMENT FUNDING {bettermentfunding@gmail.com}
    Hi everyone, i am Alexis Ohanian am so glade coming back to this great forum to testify about the help i received from Chester Brian. I was in desperate need of a loan in other to be free from debt and financial bondage that was place on me by my ex husband. It was really bad that i have to seek for help from Friends,family and even my bank but on one could assist me because my credit score was really bad. So i was browsing with my computer and saw some testimonies from people Chester Brian assisted with a loan, then i decided to contact him on his email {bettermentfunding@gmail.com}, then i received a mail from them and i did all that was asked from me. To my greatest surprise they transferred to my account the loan i requested and now i am so happy clearing my debt and have also started a business with the remaining amount to take care of myself and family. If you need a loan do contact the best loan lender of all time Chester Brian on his email: {bettermentfunding@gmail.com}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting back my husband after separation was very difficult for me because he went to settle down with another woman, i had two children for him already. I have tried to make contacts with him to come back home yet he refuse, each time i look at his kids i become more sad and i needed him at my side to raise the children together. I was so lucky i finally got the help i needed, i went on a search and i saw Dr Mack contact. People say he is a very powerful spell caster that he can put an end to relationship problem, causes that disturb destiny, he is also good in curing different diseases. He is such a special man gifted with powers and reliable spell caster that have a cure to most problems of life. My husband is back to me and we are living happily as it used to be, Dr Mack have done what i could never have done with my own powers. contact dr_mack@yahoo.com

    (1) If you want your ex back.??
    (2) if you always have bad dreams.??
    (3) If you want to be promoted in your office.??
    (4) If you want women/men to run after you.??
    (5) If you want a child.??
    (6) If you want to be rich.??
    (7) If you want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.??
    (8) If you need financial assistance.??
    (9) How you been scammed and you want to recover you lost money.??
    (10) if you want to stop your divorce.??
    (11) if you want to divorce your husband.??
    (12) if you want your wishes to be granted.??
    (13) Pregnancy spell to conceive baby??
    (14) Guarantee you win the troubling court cases & divorce no matter how what stage??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spell to fix your broken marriage or relationship problem or after a divorce or Breakup,I was recently scam by two of them, until one faithful day i meet a man called Dr Oselumen who help me to get back to the father of my kid after we have been separated for two years,I only pay for the items required for the spell and he cast the spell for me within 24hours my ex husband called me and beg me to forgive him for everything until the end of the world he will never leave me again we are back together.if you need a real and quick love spell or you are passing through pregnancy problem Dr Oselumen is the answer, Please if any body needs. LOVE SPELL,LOTTERY,PREGNANCY SPELL, DIVORCE SPELL,STOP COURT CASE AND WIN ANY COURT PROBLEM,DEATH SPELL,BUSINESS SPELL AND MANY MORE YOU MAY NEED. Email him now for your own help. via email droselumen@gmail.com add him on whatsapp line or call +2348054265852.

    ReplyDelete