image1 image2 image3

Route to Passive Income

It is never too early to plan for retirement

Salary in. Invest. Re-invest. Repeat.

People are probably more familiar with "Eat, Sleep, Train, Repeat". More commonly heard and I believe it is the mantra of many fitness enthusiasts throughout the world. I do often hear it from my slightly "crazier" peers that wants to be fit with a nice body.

“Eat, sleep, train, repeat” really simplifies what is essential for every successful fitness program. In fact, it is essential for a successful fitness enthusiast.

Now, "Salary in. Invest. Re-invest. Repeat" is not exactly my mantra but subconsciously I have been doing the same for a long period of time.

Started with learning how to Save

It all started with "Salary in. Save. Repeat" many years back. We all know the inflation in Singapore can be a nightmare for Savers, particularly with the low savings interest rates in our local banks. However, "Salary in. Save. Repeat" gave me a good foundation to build a sizable portfolio when I started to invest.

Read: Did I Manage To Save S$100K Before 28?


Discipline is still the key

At the end of the day, a mantra doesn't mean anything if you do not have the discipline to execute it religiously. Ask any fitness enthusiast, their good fitness, good body and good health did not appear overnight. It was years of effort.

Many people will be entice by get-rich-in-months schemes or training courses. But I still believe in the most traditional method of taking a step at a time to build my wealth. This is just my personal opinion. I am not bashing any get-rich-in-months schemes or training courses. These trainers had put in years of effort to build such expertise. These courses could kick start your investment journey but you still have to build your expertise over time.

Discipline + Right Knowledge is probably a better way of putting it.

Salary in. Invest. Re-invest. Repeat.

To sum-up, reasons for doing it:

1. I can't rely on bank interest rates.
2. I need my money to work for me.
3. I really do not want to have to work during my retirement years.
4. Most importantly, it has become part of my DNA to do it.


Share this:

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. Well done, my friend! You have seen the light! Investment is a long journey. We must stay the course, stick to our guns and never waver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it took awhile to see any light. Thanks DK! would like to follow your footsteps.

      Delete

  2. Really a vry nice blog i really appreciate all your efforts ,thank you so mch for sharing this valuable information with all of us .
    Local Packers And Movers Bangalore

    ReplyDelete