image1 image2 image3

Route to Passive Income

It is never too early to plan for retirement

Thank you, CPF! ~S$4,985 of interest to my CPF-SA


At the end of each year, apart from Christmas, I look forward to the interest added to my CPF accounts (especially the CPF-SA). In 2015, the total interests added to my CPF-SA was S$4,984.38. The detailed breakdown will be S$3,054.88 interest generated directly from CPF-SA and another S$1,929.50 transferred from the interest added to the CPF-MA.

S$4,984 is more than half of the interest that was added to my account in the last 5 years (2010-2014).

Read: S$8,274 interest accumulated from CPF-SA in the last 5 years

Power of Compound Interest

The amount of interest given each year is become substantial. Let's just do a simple calculation and take S$70,000 (approximate amount in my CPF-SA), how much would the amount be in 20 years? I will be 54 years old by then and that is just a year before I transfer the amount to my CPF Retirement account. The answer is about ~S$155,000. The amount will have grown more than 2 times. That is the beauty of compound interest. And that is without adding in any employee-employer contributions monthly.

31 December 2036, I should be receiving at least S$6,200 worth of interest from the S$70,000 I have inside my CPF-SA now.

Thank you, CPF Board.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete