image1 image2 image3

Route to Passive Income

It is never too early to plan for retirement

4th installment (another S$12,750) in my SRS Account


Towards the end of 2015, I considered hard if I should park my money into the SRS account. It is always painful to part with S$12,750. We are talking about not being able to see my money (another S$12,750) for the next 30 years.

I started this journey 4 years ago and the idea was to complement my CPF savings for retirement. And, of course, enjoying the tax deferment on my SRS contribution each year. Plus, force myself to purchase an investment instrument for the long term.

Rome wasn't built in a day, but they were laying bricks every hour.

With each passing year (not exactly every hour), adding S$12,750, I am beginning to see a separate sizable retirement fund - 4 x S$12,750 = S$51,000.

I just have to keep this momentum moving year after year for another 16 installments.

Read: Topping up SRS Account for the 3rd Consecutive Year

Share this:

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. Hi
    I have contributed to SRS for about 10 years. Even if the money is idling in the a/c and being eroded by inflation, I know I have min 100k set aside for retirement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Starlight, thanks for that encouragement. It seems painful now but i think it is worth it. Forced savings :)

      And just like what you said, even with inflation, i think all will agree they rather do it for ten years than not having anything now.

      Delete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete