image1 image2 image3

Route to Passive Income

It is never too early to plan for retirement

Have I been Frugal enough?


A recent article by Business Insider - 5 frugal habits of the world's richest people - got me thinking if I was even frugal in the first place.

I always thought I was. At least, I try my best to be one.

Five (5) Frugal Habits of the Wealthy

"Research and anecdotes teach that wealthy people, including the very wealthiest, are surprisingly frugal.

That's not saying they're cheap.

After all, there is a difference between being cheap and frugal. Frugal means being smarter and wiser at prioritizing your funds, finding the best value, and making solid investments - traits that have fattened the bank accounts of the richest people in the world. They have so much wealth because they realize the real value of money."

In this article, it stated:

1. They use coupons
2. They live below their means
3. They are charitable
4. They value quality over quantity
5. They don't carry wads of cash 

So have I been frugal enough?

I am definitely not a coupon-man. I will just buy what is necessary. Maybe, I should learn to be a fan of coupons to lower the cost of buying necessities.

I always try to live below my means. I have reached a stage that I feel that S$ X,xxx is the limit. Any salary increase or bonuses will be saved. I also strongly believe that a car is for Point A to Point B. I used to own a small Japanese car but decided to sell it off and rely on Public Transport.

I am an occasional Tissue-man. Buying these tissues at S$1 from the folks. I have to admit I should learn to be a bit more charitable.

I definitely a person that values quality over quantity. Sometimes, a little too much. I still can't resist a branded watch or a good leather buy. If I am able to cut this down, I will be able to save more.

I do not carry wads of cash but I do use my credit cards. I do avoid any credit debts. But with credit cards, you tend to overspend at times.

Long way to be frugal enough

Well, I am still a long way from being discipline enough to be frugal. I have to say it is not easy balancing a lifestyle and being frugal.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

33 comments:

  1. Really impressive post. I read it whole and going to share it with my social circules. I enjoyed your article and planning to rewrite it on my own blog.
    please visit here @ Packers and Movers Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking site.really appreciate for it and It is also useful for me.Thank you for sharing.
    happy easter day
    Father's Day
    happy birthday nephew
    Funny Mothers Day Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best collection of Happy Mothers Day 2017 Images, Photos, Pictures, Wallpapers, Mothers Day Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Greetings,
    Happy Mothers Day Poems & Sayings, Mothers Day Messages, SMS, Text Messages,
    fathers day images 2017
    fathers day wallpapers 2017
    fathers day pictures 2017
    fathers day cards 2017
    Happy fathers day images 2017
    fathers day quotes 2017
    fathers day wishes 2017
    fathers day messages 2017
    fathers day status 2017
    fathers day poems 2017
    Memorial Day wishes 2017
    Mothers Day WhatsApp Status & Facebook Status, DP Images,
    Mothers Day FB Profile Pics, FB Timeline Cover Photos etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.merrychristmasquotesimageswishes.com/
    Christmas is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ, observed most commonly on December 25 as a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the world. A feast central to the Christian liturgical year,merry christmas image it is preceded by the season of Advent or the Nativity Fast and initiates the season of Christmastide, which historically in the West lasts twelve days and culminates on Twelfth Night in some traditions, Christmastide includes an Octave. Christmas Day is a public holiday in many of the world's nations,Happy New Year 2018 is celebrated religiously by a majority of Christians, as well as culturally by many non-Christians, and forms an integral part of the holiday season. In several countries, celebrating Christmas Eve has the main focus rather than Christmas Day.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greate post. Keep posting such kind of info on your page. I am really impressed by your blog.
    Messages For 4th Of July
    4th Of July Quotes Messages
    Download 4th Of July Images

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blog and best that is extremely useful to keep I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for, I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.
    Friendship Day SMS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

  8. morphvox-pro-crackThis article is so innovative and well constructed I got lot of information from this post. Keep writing related to the topics on your site.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this post, I really found this very helpful. And blog about best time to post on cuber law is very useful. lumion-pro-crack-free-download

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing such great information, I highly appreciate your hard-working skills which are quite beneficial for me. system-mechanic-pro-crack

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoy reading your post about this Posting. This sort of clever work and coverage! Keep up the wonderful works guys, thanks for sharing
    idmcracksetup

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Freemake Video Converter Crack
    ProCrackerz
    This software is very helpful for as, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am very thankful for the effort put on by you, to help us, Thank you so much for the post it is very helpful, keep posting such type of Article.
    NIUBI Partition Editor Crack
    4ucrack

    ReplyDelete